The ProtoMAX® can cut through nearly any material including: aluminum, titanium, stone, carbon fiber, and G10 composite. The compact machine footprint combined with its comprehensive versatility makes the ProtoMAX an ideal abrasive waterjet for prototyping, educational applications, or as a complement to a larger machine shop. The pump and cutting table are on casters for easy relocation. Work material is submerged under water for quiet cutting that won’t disrupt your work space.
|Footprint * – (L x W)||41.5" x 39.5"||1,054 mm x 1,004 mm|
|Height **||56.5"||1,435 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||600 lb||272 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||12" x 12"||304 mm x 304 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||1"||25 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||14.5" x 15.25"||368 mm x 393 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||100 in/min||2,540 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0050"||±0.1270 mm|
|Max. Supported Material Load||50 lb/ft2||244 kg/m2|
* Height (Lid Closed)
- With the clamshell cover and submerged cutting, ProtoMAX is safe and quiet (approx. 76 db).
- The same IntelliMAX® software that runs our larger machine also runs the ProtoMAX making it a great learning tool.
- IntelliMAX Proto® comes with unlimited software seats.
- Cuts virtually any material under 1 in. thick with a 12 in. by 12 in. cutting area.
- Though compact, the ProtoMAX delivers 30,000 psi cutting power with a 5 hp pump.
- Like all OMAX abrasive waterjets, the ProtoMAX cuts with no heat-affected zone and no change to the material properties.
- The waterjet plugs into a 240V AC single phase outlet and does not require hardwiring.
What Owners Say
Related ArticlesView All Articles
Bendigo Tech School, in Central Victoria, Australia, is a centre of deep learning for secondary students that uses cutting-edge technology, discovery, and innovation to solve real-world problems. Hosted by La Trobe University Bendigo, the tech school provides advanced STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) programming to prepare young people for the future of work....Read More »
Whether you are starting your business or expanding your shop floor, purchasing new equipment always involves the question of cost. But … what if you could get free money to pay for your equipment?
We often think of grants as being used for schools and students, as well as in scientific research. (If you are associated with a school, please contact OMAX for education packages.) However...Read More »
A video re-visit of our friends at Pierce County Skill Center. Learn how Briston Trapp and his students use ProtoMAX to explore aerospace manufacturing.
Read More »
"The biggest benefit [of the ProtoMAX] has been the addition it brings to the creative process. By removing long waits for cut parts, we are able to bring products to market much more quickly. We can design and cut something in a fraction of the time we used to, allowing us to keep focused on the design we are trying to make,” said Chris Ploof owner of Chris Ploof Designs....Read More »