The OMAX 160X Series are the largest OMAX machines. This series features IntelliTRAX, the high-precision linear drive technology designed exclusively for the abrasive waterjet environment. These robust and reliable cutting machines maximize production and profitability. All 160X models come with the durable, factory-aligned OMAX MAXJET5i Nozzle and a Bulk Abrasive Delivery System. The OMAX 160X is ideal for cutting larger or multiple part projects.
NOTE: The technical specifications listed below are for the OMAX 160X. See the model comparison for details on the other machines in the series.
|Footprint * – (L x W)||29’ 4” x 21’ 8”||8,941 mm x 6,604 mm|
|Height **||11’ 0”||3,353 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||21,000 lb||9,525 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||26’ 8" x 13’ 4”||8,128 mm x 4,064 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||8”||203 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||21’ 7” x 14’ 9”||6,579 mm x 4,496 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||350 in/min||8,890 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0010"||±0.0254 mm|
|Ballbar Circularity||±0.0050"||±0.1270 mm|
All products meet rigorous international standards and requirements. Learn more »
* Footprint includes controller but not the pump.
** With standard scissor plumbing.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Fastest cutting speeds and best precision compared to any competitive abrasive waterjet in the industry
- Backed by our exclusive IntelliMAX Software with real world cutting data
- Robust and accurate design for tight tolerance cutting and reliable operation
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floorspace utilization
- Easy operator access to the work area
- Precision X-Y Axis rigidly mounted to the cutting table
- Pre-loaded linear bearings and precision ball screws
- Drive system sealed against water, dirt, and grit
- No tool changes & minimal fixturing dramatically reduce setup
- Machines a wide range of materials and thicknesses, from metals and composites to glass and plastics
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Does not create heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Environmentally "green" system uses only natural garnet abrasive and water in the cutting process
- No noxious fumes, liquid or oils used in, or caused by, the machining process
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
- Standard programmable Motorized Z-Axis with a precision OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle boosts productivity and process efficiency
- Standard IntelliCAM software program is available with two tools in one that can generate either 2D or 3D tool paths from 3D models.
- Standard IntelliVISOR SE System Monitoring offers predictive maintenance and system monitoring to minimize unexpected downtime
- Standard patent-pending IntelliTRAX traction drive inside the X-Axis beams fully enclosed inside coated steel covers
- Standard scissor-style hard plumbing adds another level of safety by using contained high-pressure components, as well as contributes to a smaller footprint, lower maintenance, and higher reliability
- Standard Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Standard 600 lb Bulk Abrasive Delivery System transports garnet from the assembly's large hopper into the Zero Downtime Hopper located on the Z-Axis
- Optional DualBRIDGE System can be used to increase machining capability
- Optional Tilt-A-Jet taper eliminating abrasivejet cutting head
- Optional Variable Speed Solids Removal System (VS-SRS) designed for industrial use increases uptime through automated solids removal
- High efficiency EnduroMAX pump system available in 30 hp, 40 hp, 50 hp or 100 hp with operating efficiencies up to 85%
- EnduroMAX pump technology delivers the highest nozzle horsepower in the industry for faster and more efficient cutting
- Highly robust and reliable pump design capable of over 1,000 hours between maintenance