The Tilt-A-Jet represents the latest OMAX innovation in the continuing search for more accurate abrasive waterjet machining. The Tilt-A-Jet lets the OMAX JetMachining Center achieve virtually zero taper with most materials. The Tilt-A-Jet can position the nozzle at an angle calculated by the software to exactly offset the taper from the abrasivejet. Taper doesn't disappear--it just gets moved to the scrap part of the material, leaving your part with exactly square edges.
- Easily make interlocking pieces, dovetail fittings, and lead ins without taper to reduce secondary machining
- Tilting point positioned at material surface to reduce X-Y motion
- Easy to use, with no special programming required
- Continuously adjusts at thousands of points per inch along path
- Can be used on OMAX machines from the 2626 to the 160X
- Automatic re-squaring feature ensures nozzle is square to the table
- Ability to change angles quickly, further enhancing cutting speed
- Compatible with Precision Optical Locator and Rotary Axis
- Faster cutting of high precision taper free parts with no need to slow down to eliminate taper
- Servo-controlled programmable precision Z-axis with 6” of travel
- Faster cutting due to “tilt forward” capability
- Advanced servo design results in virtually zero backlash
- Programmable manual tilt up to ±9° for the maximum tilt angle
- Automatic taper elimination without any programming
- Terrain Follower automatically adjusts to accommodate warped flat plate
- Rotary Axis allows for complex 6-axis 3D parts and precision beveled pipe fittings
- 0.030" Fusible Mixing Tube for finer kerf size
- A bridge-style OMAX JetMachining Center (for cantilever-style OMAX JetMachining Centers, contact an OMAX sales representative for details)
- OMAX 9-axis PC-based controller
- OMAX Intelli-MAX 18 Software Suite or later for taper compensation
Related ArticlesView All Articles
It is often touted that OMAX® abrasive waterjets can cut virtually anything. Sometimes it is surprising what that can really mean. DiamArt is using their OMAX 2626® to cut metal, glass, carbon fiber, PVB and fabric coated in micro diamond. The result is a customizable brilliant material refracting light through millions of facets. “We currently work on a diamond surface made of micro diamonds...Read More »
From .03 in. sheets of aluminum to 6 in. plates of steel, K&W Tool and Machine Inc. is using their dual OMAX JetMachining® Centers to cut everything that comes through their door.
K&W Tool was founded in 1998 by Joe Kohn. Originally the operation was ran out of a 2500 sq. ft. pole barn behind Kohn’s house in Sheridan, Michigan. “Joe completed his...Read More »
For JACQUET Italtaglio, saying "yes" to a request for custom cut thick stainless steel parts with tight tolerances and a fast turnaround time is part of everyday operations. That's because the metal cutting service center in Carré, Italy incorporated an OMAX 80X abrasive waterjet with a Tilt-A-Jet cutting head into their machine inventory.
JACQUET Italtaglio is part of...Read More »
A supersonic jet stream of water and abrasive can cut through almost any material with high precision, a fabrication shop in Eugene, Oregon discovered.
Harvest Valley Specialties (HVS) was founded in 2008 to provide design and fabrication services to businesses in the Willamette Valley, including breweries and wineries. Known as "Oregon Wine Country," the Willamette Valley is...Read More »